Your privacy on the Internet is of utmost importance to the International Medical Device Regulators Forum (IMDRF). This privacy statement describes IMDRF's policy concerning the gathering and sharing of visitors' information through the web site.
What information do we collect?
The personal data processed in the framework of the event organisation are:
For the event organisation (mandatory): your contact details, i.e. title, first name, last name, profile, organisation, country, email address;
- For communication purposes (non-mandatory): live web streaming, images and video recordings of the participants (including speakers/moderators); images and video recordings of the event may be published on IMDRF intranet, on MyIntraComm (the Commission’s intranet), and IMDRF’s Twitter account;
Who will have access to your personal data?
The following categories of individuals will have access to your personal data for this specific event:
Authorised staff of external contractors and its local subcontractors if foreseen for organisation purposes (such as event management organisations);
- Authorised staff of the European Commission or of other institution, agency or body co-organizing the event if relevant for the purpose of the event organisation;
- Authorised European Commission staff for policy purposes;
- Third-party platform providers authorised by the Commission
How long do we keep your personal data?
We are keeping your personal data for a period as indicated below:
Contact details processed for the purpose of the organisation and management of the meeting or event will be deleted after the last action of this processing operation, except from those participants that have given their explicit consent to receive information about other events and/or receive the newsletter etc.
- Personal data resulting from the picture and audio footage activity:
- Images and video recordings from events will be kept for up to 2 years after the meeting/event;
- recordings from web-streamed and online meetings or events will be kept for up to 2 years before being deleted.
- Personal data shared with selected contractors for organisational purposes, are retained during the event or meeting organisation period and will be erased by the service providers in accordance with the corresponding contractual obligations and provisions;
What are your rights?
As a participant, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing. The participation to the event is not conditional to participants’ consent to appear on pictures and audio-visual material. If you do not want to appear on pictures and audio-visual material, you will be provided with a badge to wear visibly during the event.
In addition, as a participant, you have the right to access your personal data and to request your personal data to be rectified, if the data is inaccurate or incomplete. Where applicable, you have the right to request restriction or to object to processing, to request a copy or erasure of your personal data held by the data controller. Your request to exercise one of the above rights will be processed without undue delay and within one month.
Should you want to verify which personal data is being stored on your behalf by the responsible controller, and have it modified, corrected or deleted, please send an e-mail to the functional mailbox and by explicitly specifying your request.
Attention is drawn to the consequences of a delete request, which means that all your contact details will be lost.
Your personal data will not be used for any automated decision-making including profiling.
Notification of changes
In case you have any questions about the collection/processing of your personal data, Contact us. In case of conflict, complaints can be addressed to the European Data Protection Supervisor.